One thing that every traveller wants from an airline is good customer service. No one likes to get stuck in between something and not be able to come out of it. Therefore, the airlines today make sure that they provide good customer support service to their customers so that no matter whatever they do, whether it is booking, cancelling or rebooking, they don’t have to get in trouble and face difficulties all by themselves. The airlines are also making sure that their customer support service is available round the clock, so that irrespective of the time, travellers can get instant assistance.
Air Canada is one of those airlines which is providing a remarkable customer service to its travellers. The airline’s customer service has every element that a customer can want in a good customer service of an airline.
Let us see in detail the features of Air Canada Customer Service.
How to get in touch with Air Canada?
Air Canada provides several mediums to its customers to get in touch with them. Customers can choose whichever medium they like depending on their preferences. The mediums to get in contact with Air Canada are as follows:
1. Contact through dialling the number
2. Contact via live chat
3. Contact through email
4. Contact through social media
We will be discussing all these methods one by one in detail in the forthcoming sections.
Contacting Air Canada through dialling the number
This is probably the easiest and the most common way to get in touch with the airline. To get in touch with the airline via call, you can dial the numbers 1 (888) 247 2262 or +1 (802) 200 9500. The phone call option is not only the easiest one but it is also the safest option to get in touch with the airline because the phone calls are recorded for verification and inspection.
To get in touch with the airline through the Air Canada customer service, you have to follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Dial the Air Canada Customer Service number.
2. Select your language to get in touch with the Air Canada Customer Support representative.
3. After this, you will be hearing some IVR instructions. You have to carefully listen to them and follow them. The IVR instructions are as follows:
• Press 1 to know the flight status.
• Press 2 to manage the booking
• Press 3 to claim baggage
• Press 4 to get connected to the airline customer support executive
• Press # to cut the call
Press any digit for a query related problem and get it resolved with Air Canada.
4. After pressing the required button, you need to wait for around 3-7 minutes to get connected to the Air Canada customer service representative.
5. At last, your call will be connected to an Air Canada Customer Support representative. You can talk to him and let him know what problem you are facing. The Air Canada customer service representative will look into the matter and will provide you the appropriate solution.
Here are the contact numbers of Air Canada for different requirements:
1. Call centre number for Canada and US which is available till free 24/7 – 1-888-247-2262
2. Automated flight information system number – 1-888-422-7533
3. Flight status notification through SMS – 66222
4. Central Baggage Office number – 1 888 689-BAGS (2247)/ 1-888-247-2247
5. Aeroplan Frequent flyer programme – 1-800-361-5373/0800 756 3865/1-514-395-0300
6. Air Canada Vacations – 1 833-752-2210
7. Air Canada Travel Insurance – 1-800-387-2487/ 011-800-514-1890
8. Air Canada gift cards – 1-855-281-1761
9. Medical Assistance Desk – 1-514-369-7039/1-800-667-4732
10. Air Canada Cargo Services – 1-800-387-4865
11. Air Canada Pet Transport – 1-800-387-4865
12. Air Canada Headquarters – +15144225000
Contacting Air Canada customer support service through live chat
If due to some reason, you are not able to contact the live person at Air Canada through the phone number or you want to avoid talking to the live person, then you can go for the option of live chat. To get in touch with the Air Canada customer service through live chat, you can go through the following steps:
1. Visit the official website of the airline.
2. Find the contact us option and click on it.
3. After clicking on this option, the page will display the chat us box. You need to tap on it.
4. After this, you need to enter the details and start chatting regarding the problem you have with the airline’s customer support executive.
If you need immediate assistance or need to talk about something in detail, then this might not be the most appropriate option. In such a case, calling the airline is a suitable option because you can explain everything with more clarity on call.
Contacting Air Canada through email
Travellers have the option to contact Air Canada Customer service through email as well. This is again a great option for those who do not want to talk to the live representative on call. This is the best option to contact the airline when you want to give feedback or make a complaint. Immediate response is not guaranteed in this medium of contact. Whenever the customer support executive sees the email, he will respond to you.
Here is the process to get in touch with the Air Canada customer service email:
1. Visit the official website of the airline on your web browser.
2. Find the contact us tab and click on it.
3. After clicking on this option you will see the mail us option. You have to click on it.
4. You will see the mail box opening. You can mention your issue and your official email address and finally send it to the airline customer executive.
This is again not a suitable option to get prompt response from the airline’s customer support executive. If there’s anything urgent you need to talk about, then you might prefer calling the airline.
Contacting Air Canada customer support service through social media accounts
Another way to get in touch with the customer support team of Air Canada is through the social media accounts. Air Canada has its social media accounts on all platforms. This is also one of the easiest ways to approach Air Canada customer support but not a very prompt one. Here are the steps you need to follow to get in touch with Air Canada customer service through their social media accounts:
1. Follow the Social Media Accounts of Air Canada.
2. Drop a message detailing your query.
3. The customer support executive will respond to you as soon as he sees your message.
This is a good option if you want to inquire about something or want to give feedback. Again, if you need immediate assistance or there is something urgent you want to talk about, then you can contact the customer support team of the airline by calling them.
For what reason can you get in touch with Air Canada Customer service?
1. You can talk to the Air Canada customer service to get solutions to your doubts and queries in the easiest way possible. The customer support team will listen to your doubts and will explain everything to you clearly so that your doubts are cleared. Therefore, if there is anything that you find doubtful, then the first thing that you must do is get in contact with the Air Canada customer support so that you don’t have to face any difficulty while you’re travelling, just because you were not clear about any of the policies of the airline.
2. If you are not able to make a decision regarding anything and you think that you might use someone’s advice, then you can get in contact with the Air Canada customer service team where the customer support executive will help you in deciding what’s best for you by explaining you every single thing with absolute clarity.
3. If you are booking flight tickets and you think that you need some help, then you can contact the Air Canada customer support team to avail their help. They will help you in getting your tickets booked in a hassle-free way.
4. If something has happened because of which you cannot continue with your travel plans and you want to cancel your flight, then you can do so very easily with the help of the Air Canada Customer Support team. If you are facing some problem or you are not sure whether you will receive a refund or not or if you have to pay any charges for cancelling your flight, then also you can get help from the customer support team of Air Canada.
5. If because of circumstances, you need to make some changes to your flight, but are not able to do so because of any reason, or you have some confusion regarding the same, then the Air Canada customer support team will help you to make changes to your flight.
6. If you are facing any difficulty regarding the payments, then the Air Canada customer support team will give you immediate help with that also. The customer support executive will look into the matter and will make sure that your money is safe.
7. If you have any feedback that you want to give to the airline, or you have to make any complaint because you did not find the airline’s service satisfactory, then you can get in touch with the customer support team of Air Canada. The airline will go through your feedback to make its services better.
8. If you are facing the problem of delayed or damaged baggage, then you can contact the Air Canada customer service team to get their help regarding the same.
9. If you have lost your baggage then you can inform the Air Canada customer support team about it and the customer support team will help you in finding your lost luggage at the earliest. They will also return it to you as soon as it is found.
10. If you want to check your flight status, contact the customer support team of Air Canada, which will help you by letting you know the real time status of your flight.
11. If you have a pet and you want it to travel with you, then you have to have complete knowledge about the guidelines of Air Canada regarding pet travel. Contact the Air Canada customer support team to know what are the rules and regulations which you have to follow if you are travelling with your pet. The customer support team will also help you to make travel arrangements for your pet so that it can travel without any discomfort.
12. If you are travelling with kids, then you have to follow certain guidelines for that. You must know that from which age onwards the kids are required to have a separate flight reservation of their own. You also have to be aware of the rules which exist for kids who are travelling alone. To know about all this, you must get in contact with the customer support team of Air Canada which will also help you in making any special arrangements for your kids if required.
13. If you have some special needs and you want some special arrangements to be made for you, then for that also you can get in touch with the customer support team of Air Canada. You can get in touch with the team with any of the above-mentioned methods of contact and inform them about your requirements. The customer support team will understand all your requirements and will make suitable arrangements for you.
We hope that all the mediums of contact are clear to you. Depending on your needs and your convenience, you can choose any option. We would recommend calling on the phone number for Air Canada because it provides immediate assistance. The other options do not guarantee prompt response.
You can contact the Air Canada customer service team to talk about things like Air Canada booking, Air Canada number, Air Canada cancellation policy, Air Canada flight change etc.